Who We Are…
What We Believe
Morello Hills is an independent, non-denominational Christian church affiliated with the Independent Christian Churches. Nationwide, there are nearly 6,000 congregations with a combined attendance of over 1 million in this fellowship of churches. (Learn more about Independent Christian Churches at christianchurchtoday.com)
We consider ourselves to be an evangelical church with an emphasis on unity in Christ. We agree with the basic doctrines that characterize evangelicals – salvation only through Jesus Christ and the Bible as God’s inspired Word and our source of authority. Our members and attendees come from a variety of church backgrounds and many have no church background at all. All are welcome here at Morello Hills.
We hold these two Core Beliefs:
- We hold that the Bible is God’s inspired word, and is the ultimate source of knowledge about God, as well as the definitive guide for our daily lives. The Bible is authoritative. Where the Bible speaks we speak. Where the Bible is silent, we are silent.
- Jesus Christ is the one and only way for all mankind to gain eternal life with God in Heaven.
For more information about our beliefs you can read this document about Morello Hills theology.
For a list of our practices you can read this document about Morello Hills practices.
The mission of Morello Hills is expressed in these two statements by Jesus himself:
“Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matthew. 22:36-40 (These verses are known as “The Great Commandment”.)
“Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20 (These verses are known as “The Great Commission”.)
Therefore we at Morello Hills Christian Church believe that our mission as a church is to:
- glorify God as we worship and serve our Lord Jesus Christ
- reach out in love to our friends and neighbors to join us
- allow the Holy Spirit through the Bible to lead us, and
- strive to grow in our faith
Our hope for each MHCC individual is that, without becoming overwhelmed by church activities, you:
- Attend Sunday Worship Services regularly
- Participate in a Small Group
- Serve in a ministry
We believe these disciplines help create a healthy balance in the life of a growing Christian.